Above: Our center of town, photographed by Todd Wilkins.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
We ARE NOW A "LIVE 365" RADIO STATION. CLICK AND LISTEN ON LIVE 365!
FOR ALEXA or GOOGLE HOME DEVICES, just say "PLay Ligonier Radio."
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- MAY 5: All are welcome to a National Day of Prayer Breakfast, on Thursday, May 5th, 7:30 am at The Barn. Sponsored by the Ligonier Valley Association of Churches. Contact Janet Riordan to RSVP by April 24th: 724-238-9202.
- MAY 7: Save the date for the return of the Wine, Whiskey and Sweets Walk on Saturday, May 7th. For more information about this event, call the Chamber Office at 724-238-4200.
- MAY 7: Heritage United Methodist Church (on the Diamond in Ligonier) will be hosting a Three Rivers Ringers handbell concert on Saturday, May 7, 5:30 p.m. in their sanctuary. There is no cost to attend but a free will offering will be taken. All are welcome to come and enjoy the beautiful music.
- JUNE 13: The Ligonier Valley Library Summer Reading Challenge begins on June 13th. This challenge is for readers of all ages. To register now and to find out more visit the website at : https://ligonierlibrary.beanstack.org.
- JUNE 14:The Ligonier Valley Library will kick off its Summer Reading Program on Tuesday, June 14th at 11 AM with a puppet show from The Kids on the Block. The show will take place at the Donaldson Field near Friendship Park. Kids on the Block uses interactive puppetry to teach students about disabilities. Informative and engaging skits show children with disabilities as active participants of society. Children also have the opportunity to participate in a question and answer period at the end of each program. No registration is required and this is best for younger children but all ages can attend! This event is FREE!
- JUNE 20: The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce Golf Outing will be held Monday, June 20th at the Ligonier Country Club. Registration is from 10:30-11:30 AM, lunch is at 11:15 AM and there will be a shot gun start at noon, Dinner will be provided at 5 PM. Besides the 18 hole tournament, there will be raffle prizes. For more information on the event, contact the Chamber Office at 724- 238-4200.
- JUNE 25: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley is hosting their 2nd annual Fashion Show and Purse Auction on Saturday, June 25th. Wear your favorite hat and join SAMA Ligonier for a dynamic show featuring Saint Francis University Costume Designer, Bonnie Resinski presenting, “Silhouettes: A One-Woman Fashion Show”. The event is being held from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. and the cost is $30 per person. Reservations are required by Monday, June 20th and can be made by calling the Museum 724-238-6015.
- AUGUST 1: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art of Ligonier is excited to offer children’s art camps this summer, the week of August 1st. During this five-day camp, students will be introduced and explore a multitude of art styles. Each lesson is designed to enhance each child’s collaborative, communication, problem-solving, organizational, and self-directional skills .On the last day of the camp, a lovely reception will be provided so the children can share their work with family and friends. For registration information, contact SAMA at 724-238-6015.
- AUGUST 15: Ligonier Valley Writers is holding its 17th annual Flash Fiction Contest. The deadline for submissions is August 15th. Because these stories are usually performed for Halloween, topics in past years have ranged from ghosts to dragons to spooky/scary places. This year's topic is mermaids, selkies, and other water dwellers. Let your imagination run wild in 1,000 words or less. Cash prizes will be awarded and there is no submission fee. For submission guidelines, visit www.LVWonline.org.
- KNIFTY KNITTERS: Knifty Knitters meets at the Adams Memorial Library in Latrobe every first and third Tuesday of every month. The group made up completely of volunteers, knits and crochets for various charities. New knitters are always welcome, regardless of experience. Members of the group will teach you. For more information call Adams Memorial Library at 724-539-1972.
- COMPASS INN VOLUTEERS: Are you passionate about history? Llove meeting and talking to people and looking for a way to get involved in your community, Consider becoming a volunteer docent for the Compass Inn. As a docent, you will dress in period clothing and share stories about the history of the Compass Inn and the colonial time period. Docents must be at least 18 years of age, obtain all mandated PA clearances and be available at least two days a month. To find more about this and other volunteer opportunities, call the Compass Inn at 724-238-6818.
- LIGONIER LIBRAY CARDS FOR KIDS: The Ligonier Valley Library reminds you that when children turn five years of age they can receive their own library card. Stop in to the Ligonier Valley Library and register your child for a passport for adventure.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com