Above: Wintertime in Ligonier.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620 or FM 100.9.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- THROUGH FEBRUARY 6: The winter 2019 session of Christian Adventure begins on Wednesday, February 6th and continues each Wednesday from 4:15 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Christian Adventure is free and open to all children from kindergarten through fifth grade. Transportation is available from R.K. Mellon and Valley School of Ligonier. To register call the church at 724-238-2627.
- FEBRUARY 7: Come to the Ligonier Valley Library on Thursday, February 7 from 6:00-7:00 PM for some Valentine fun – sorting, stacking, measuring and weighing!
Due to the activities planned, this event is for ages 4-9 years old.
This event is free and open to the public. Registration is not required, but is helpful. Contact the library with any questions, 724-238-6451.
- FEBRUARY 9: Calling all youth in grades Kindergarten through 8th who enjoy chess … come on out and enhance your skills in the Ligonier Valley Library’s Youth Chess Workshop, Saturday, February 9th from 10Am- Noon. This workshop is perfect for those planning on participating in our annual chess tournament this March.
This a free event that is open to the public. Please register by calling the library at 724-238-6451.
- THROUGH FEBRUARY 9: The Pasquerilla Performing Art Center in Johnstown presents Movie Night at the Symphony February 9th from 7:30-9:30PM. The Johnstown Symphony Orchestra will be performing music from some of your favorite Hollywood movie composers. For more information call 814-535-6738.
- FEBRUARY 13: On February 13th the Facebook group Ligonier Valley Free for Kids will be holding its second Free Market at the YMCA from 11am to 3pm in the Birthday Party Room. This is a big Hand me down swap so please bring clean used children's items to give other local families. And this is a great way for grandparents to keep a small supply of clothes and toys for when the grandkids visit.
- FEBRUARY 13: St. Vincent College Small Business Development Center will host The First Step to Small Business Success on February 13 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. The First Step is an informal workshop that provides an overview of starting a business. It is designed to answer your business start-up questions and to provide information and direction to anyone considering a business venture. The course covers: entrepreneurship, business marketing and management plan development, incorporating a legal structure, registering a company, and exploring financing options. The cost is $20. Call 724-537-4572 to register.
- FEBRUARY 16: The Darlington Volunteer Fire Dept. Ladies Auxiliary will hold a Turkey and/or Ham Dinner fund raiser on Saturday, February 16 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm at the fire hall, located on Darlington Road 1½ miles from Rte 30. The cost of the dinner is $10.00 for adults having ham or turkey and $12.00 for those having both. Children under 10 will be charged $4.00 and those under 3 years of age will be served free. Come and enjoy a delicious ham and turkey dinner with stuffing, mashed potatoes, noodles, vegetable, coleslaw and dessert. Take out orders will be available by calling 724-238-9469.
- FEBRUARY 20: The Powermill Nature Reserve will offer the program Moonlight and Snow on February 20th at 7 p.m. With a full moon the night before, the forest should be set for a beautiful evening. Bring your flashlight or headlamp, jacket, boots, and gloves, and come hit the trail at night. Contact Powdermill for more details at 724-593-6105.
- FEBRUARY 21: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley will host a Lunch a l’Art program with metal smith Melissa Davenport at noon on February 21. Cost for the program, which includes lunch and presentation, is $15 per person or $12 for SAMA members. Reservations are required by February 15 by contacting the Museum at (724) 238-6015 or email@example.com.
- FEBRUARY 23: The Ligonier Valley Library would like to invite you to a Family Writing Workshop on Saturday, February 23rd from 1-2:30PM. We will partner with Jim Busch and the Ligonier Valley Writers. Also a local author, Kylie Manning and her father Randy Kopka will join us. They are a father and daughter writing and illustrating duo. Come on out for fun and creative ideas to get families writing!
- MARCH 11: Ligonier Valley Writers’ 28th annual Student Poetry Contest for poets in grades 4 through 12 is now open to submissions. Cash prizes will be awarded at all grade levels in different forms of poetry, from haiku to free verse to rhymed forms. Students, teachers, and parents can get entry forms and contest rules by visitingwww.LVWonline.org . The deadline for submissions is March 11th.
- MARCH 23: The 10th annual Ligonier Soup’s On will be held around the Ligonier Diamond from 11AM-2PM on Saturday, March 23rd. Work your way around town to Ligonier merchants as they host our local restaurants serving delicious samples of soup! Tickets are $20 and can be obtained by calling or visiting the Chamber office. Tickets will not be sold on the day of the event.
- MARCH 29-30: The Hollow Tree Players will present the children’s play Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz, Friday, March 29th at 7PM and Saturday, March 30th at 1PM in the Ligonier Town Hall. Tickets are $5 at the door and all net proceeds are donated to local children’s charities and organizations.
- THROUGH APRIL 17: The Ligonier Valley Library will host a pre-school story time on Wednesdays beginning February 10th through April 17th. There are two one hour sessions, beginning at 10:30 AM and at 1:30 PM. The story time is free for children ages 3 through 5. Please register in person or by calling the library at 724-238-6451.
- APRIL 21: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art will continue its tradition of celebrating the area’s talented young artists with the return of Artists of the 21st Century, the Museum’s twenty-first annual student art exhibition. More than 250 student-created works will be featured in the dual exhibition. Artists of the 21stCentury will be on view at SAMA-Ligonier Valley from February 15 through April 21.
- MAY 11: The Chamber of Commerce will be sponsoring the Ligonier Wine Walk again on May 11th from 1-5PM.
Sip while you shop. This is a ticketed event. Tickets will go on sale April 9th. Contact the Chamber of Commerce for more information.
- JUNE 1: Antiques on the Diamond will be on Saturday, June 1st from 9AM-3PM. Shop antiques, collectibles and treasures galore from many antique dealers in downtown Ligonier.
- JUNE 17: Save the date! The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce Annual Golf Outing will be on June 17th at the Ligonier Country Club. More information is to come on this fun event.
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- HERITAGE YOUTH GROUP - The Heritage United Methodist Church Youth Group, TBA, meets Mondays from 5:30-7PM in the church youth room. Students in grades 6-12 are invited to attend.
- EDUCATION SOLUTIONS - Are you looking for a flexible position with holidays, evenings and weekends off? Join Ignite Education Solutions as an aide working in the school setting. Positions are available immediately in the Ligonier area. Work hours follow the school schedule. 5-day or casual part-time employees needed. For details call Shelena at 814-262-0732 x 232.
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com