Above: Bigfoot footprints! Two men reportaed chasing a Bigfoot in nearby Blairsville this past winter. Photo of prints in the mud. Photo submitted by Ligonier Postal worker Aaron Schacte.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620 or FM 100.9.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- JULY 16-20: Compass Inn of Ligonier will be offering historical camps for kids this summer. During the week of July 16th-20th , there will be a Stagecoach Adventures camp for students entering grades 4 through 6. Campers will meet Civil War soldiers, send wartime messages and be engaged in many hands-on activities and games. Campers entering grades 1-3 can participate in Junior Stagecoach Adventures of the 19th century through playing games, hands-on activities and crafts. For more information about the camps, call 724-238-4983.
- JULY 16-20: Once again, in conjunction with Camp Sequanota, St. James Lutheran Church is offering a week-long Day Camp the week of July 16th through the 20th Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This is a great opportunity to give kids a taste of camping right here close to home. Activities include games, crafts, Bible study, songs and maybe some special visitors or a field trip. It is open for kids Kindergarten age through 6th grade. AND ITS FREE! Call the church office at 724-238-7242 for more information or to register a child.
- JULY 19: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley will host a Lunch a l’Art program with art collector Anne MacDougall on Thursday, July 19. Born in New York, MacDougall grew up in Connecticut and graduated from the University of New Hampshire with a B.A. in the arts and a minor in marine biology. As an artist, her work has included illustrating marine biology books and designing educational exhibits for museums and galleries. She also has worked in advertising as a graphic designer, both in the U.S. and Australia. She now lives on a farm in Ligonier where she continues her work with educational indigenous art exhibits. The program, which begins at noon, includes lunch and a gallery tour and presentation by MacDougall. Cost is $15 or $12 for SAMA members. Reservations are required and can be made by calling the Museum at (724) 238-6015.
- JULY 21: The American Folklore Institute is coming to Ligonier with storytelling and arts and crafts for kids of all ages! It's part of Summer in Ligonier. Storytelling about folklore legends Paul Bunyan, Johnny Appleseed, Pecos Bill, Annie Oakley, Pocahontas, Daniel Boone, the Headless Horseman and even local folklore about Bigfoot! Special guest storytellers, fun and snacks for the kids. The Folklore Festival..an Imagination Station..in the Ligonier Valley Library on Saturday, July 21st from 1-4PM. Plan to bring the kids for a fun day! For more details call: 724-541-8653. Email: email@example.com or call your Ligonier radio station at 724-238-4317.
- JULY 20-21: Come out to Summer in Ligonier Arts and Crafts Show Friday, July 20th and Saturday, July 21st from 10AM -5PM. Businesses will hold sidewalk sales and this year, due to the all the construction on the Diamond, crafts and art activities will be located in the Loyalhanna Street parking lot. Come enjoy summer fun in downtown Ligonier!
- JULY 23: Holy Trinity Church is planning Vacation Bible School to be held the week of July 23-27. They are looking for volunteers to lead crafts, games, Bible stories, snacks. If you are available to help in any of these areas, please contact Carol Serafin at 723-238-6341.
- JULY 27: Compass Inn of :Ligonier will be offering historical camps for kids this summer. During the week of July 16th-20th , there will be a Stagecoach Adventures camp for students entering grades 4 through 6. Campers will meet Civil War soldiers, send wartime messages and be engaged in many hands-on activities and games. Campers entering grades 1-3 can participate in Junior Stagecoach Adventures of the 19th century through playing games, hands-on activities and crafts. For more information about the camps, call 724-238-4983.
- JULY 28: The Ligonier Valley Writers will hold their Loyalhanna Review Publication Party on Saturday, July 28th from 7-9 PM at the Southern Allegheny Museum of Art. There will be wine, h’oeurves, author readings and artist displays. Attendees can be admitted to the event for a $10 donation. Reservations can be made by calling 724-836-0588.
- JULY 29: Please join Bethlen Communities for their annual Hungarian Picnic on Sunday, July 29th from 12-6PM. It is a day of food, entertainment, and fun. Please call 878-238-1036 for more information.
- THROUGH AUGUST 6: The Heritage United Methodist Church will hold its Vacation Bible School August 6th through the 10th..this summer’s theme is Rolling River Rampage. Call the church for details and registration information at 724-238-2627.
- AUGUST 6: A Sporting Clays Event will be held on Monday, August 6th at 9 AM at Seven Springs Mountain Resort. Proceeds from this event will benefit the Heritage United Methodist Church’s building renovation. Call the church for more information at 724-238-2627.
- THROUGH OCTOBER 10:The Ligonier Valley YMCA is still looking for vendors to participate in its Arts, Craft's n'More show during Fort Ligonier Day weekend! Please email Shantel McConville at firstname.lastname@example.org to get an application and learn more about this opportunity!
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- EDUCATION SOLUTIONS - Are you looking for a flexible position with holidays, evenings and weekends off? Join Ignite Education Solutions as an aide working in the school setting. Positions are available immediately in the Ligonier area. Work hours follow the school schedule. 5-day or casual part-time employees needed. For details call Shelena at 814-262-0732 x 232.
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com