Above: Spring in the heart of Ligonier. Photo by Todd Wilkins.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620 or FM 100.9.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- MAY 20: The Ligonier Country Market Opening Day is Saturday, May 20th at 8 AM-noon. The Valley Radio Station will be there with music and announcements! The Country Market at the Loyalhanna Watershed Farm will be open every Saturday through the beginning of October. Rain or shine. There are over 130 vendors selling produce, meats, breads, flowers and craft items.
- MAY 28: The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce Summer Band Concert series begins on May 28th with a concert from the Ligonier Valley Middle School and Ligonier Valley High School Bands. Concerts from a variety of area bands will perform every Sunday at 7 PM on the Ligonier Diamond Bandstand through August 27th.
- THROUGH MAY 30: The Ligonier Valley YMCA is now hiring a Zumba Instructor! Please contact Mike Marinchak at 724-238-7580 x 19 if interested.
- JUNE 3: Antiques on the Diamond returns to Ligonier Saturday, June 3rd from 8 AM to 3 PM. Shop frpom over 50 antique dealers all around the diamond.
- JUNE 3: Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art's 16th annual Garden Party, “Roaring ‘20s,” will be held on June 3. The event will feature live music, games of chance, auctions and gourmet cuisine. As a special added feature, the event will include an exhibition of vintage automobiles of the 1920s and ‘30s as well as a display of world-class hood ornaments and mascots. Tickets are $125 per person. For more information on the Garden Party, call the Museum at 724-238-6015.
- JUNE 10: The Heritage United Church will be sponsoring an Active Shooter Training Seminar on Saturday, June 10th at 8AM. This seminar will equip participants with strategies should they be in a building during an active shooter incident. To register call the church office at 724-238-2627.
- JUNE 16: Golfers Wanted!! The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce will hold its 6th Annual Golf Experience on Friday, June 16 at Ligonier Country Club. Registration begins at 11 AM, Lunch at 11:15AM and a there will be a noon shotgun start. Dinner is at 5 PM. Plan now for a great day of golf, awesome prizes and delicious food. For registration information, call the chamber office at 724-238-4200.
- JUNE 22: The summer reading club titled Build a Better World begins at the Ligonier Valley Library on Thursday, June 22nd from 2;30-3:30PM and will be held every Thursday at that time through the summer. The club is open to students who have completed kindergarten through 6th grade and is free. Register by calling 724-238-6451.
- THROUGH AUGUST 31: As part of its 20th anniversary celebration, the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley will host the plein air painting contest, Paint Us. Modeled after the Museum’s popular annual plein air Paint Out, the Paint Us contest invites artists of all ages to paint, en plein air, the Museum, its grounds, and its gardens.
Cost to participate in the Paint Us contest is $30 for adults, $20 for the 10-17 age bracket, and $10 for ages 9 and under. Artists may submit up to three works. All paintings must be completed and delivered to the Museum by August 31. For registration or additional information, please call the Museum at (724) 238-6015.
The paintings will be exhibited at an open house family day event on September 9.
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- THE LIGONIER VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL students have created a cookbook, and all proceeds will benefit the district’s Food 2 Go 4 Kids weekend backpack program! 300 recipes have been provided by students, teachers and Ligonier Valley School District families. This hardback book with full-color tabbed dividers would make a great Mother’s Day gift! The price is $13 per book, and $8 of each book benefits the backpack program. To place an order, please contact Rebecca McGee at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-238-6412x130.
- THE LIGONIER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is seeking wedding photos taken on the Ligonier Diamond. If you have wedding photos from the Diamond e-mail them to office@LigonierChamber.com and they could be posted on their website.
- THE LIGONIER VALLEY YMCA has added a new spin class. The class will be held Friday mornings from 10AM-11AM. Sign up and get spinning!
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER VALLEY YMCA: Free aerobic thearapy classes each Tuesday and Thursday at 10:45AM.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
"If you like The Beatles,
you'll love John
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com