Above: A past photo by Tod Wilkins. Downtown Ligonier, our beautiful center of town.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620 or FM 100.9.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- APRIL 21: Valley School of Ligonier will host an Active Learning Day on April 21 from 10 a.m. to noon. All regional families are welcome to attend. Parents, learn about how the Valley School experience can benefit your family! Pre-K to 9th grade students, join us for some fun hands-on science, arts, music and sports activities. If you’re interested, RSVP to 724-238-6652 or log on to www.valleyschoolofligonier.org/activelearning.
- THROUGH APRIL 21: The Hollow Tree Players will present the children’s fairy tale, the Brave Little Tailor on Friday, April 20th at 7 PM and Saturday, April 21st at 1 PM in the Ligonier Town Hall. Admission is $5 and all proceeds will be donated to children’s charities within the Ligonier Valley community.
- THROUGH APRIL 22: Artists of the 21st Century: Student Art Exhibition , the Southern Allegheny Museum of Art’s annual student art exhibition has returned through April 22nd with shows at the Ligonier Valley and Loretto museums. The exhibitions feature hundreds of works created by students in Bedford, Blair, Cambria, Fayette, Somerset and Westmoreland counties. Open to schools that participate in SAMA’s Museum/School Partnership Program, the exhibitions offer children an opportunity to see their artwork professionally hung in a gallery.
- APRIL 27-29: The Saint Vincent College Company will present a cabaret titled Crossroads: The Journeys We Take at the Carey Center for the Performing Arts on the Saint Vincent College campus on Friday and Saturday April 27th and 28th at 8PM and Sunday, April 29th at 2PM. Admission is free.
- APRIL 28: CHESTNUT RIDGE COMMUNITY CENTER will hold a Square Dance on Saturday, April 28th from 8PM-11PM. No experience is necessary, guided instructions will be given. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Admission is $5.00 per person and will be used to support the Center. For more information, call Jane Guyer at 724-235-9793.
- APRIL 28: Ligonier Valley Writers will host their Student Poetry Awards Ceremony at Barnes & Noble on April 28 at 4 p.m. The winning poets in grades 4 through 12 will read their work to the audience. LVW will have also have a book fair at Barnes & Noble as part of this event. Contact Judith Gallagher at email@example.com for more information.
- APRIL 29: STAT, Inc. is hosting a Gun & Purse Bash on April 29 at Huber Hall in Latrobe. Doors open at noon. The cost for tickets is $30 each, which includes food and beverage. For more information or for tickets, contact Catherine Markosky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APRIL 29: A Gun and Purse Bash will be held to benefit children with disabilities and veterans at the Ligonier Therapeutic Center on Sunday, April 29th at Huber Hall in Latrobe. Doors open at noon and prizes will be raffled off each hour until 5 PM. Food and beverages will be provided. Cost is $30.
- MAY 6: Mark your calendar for Free Museum Day, which is scheduled for May 6 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This fun day for the entire family is brought to you by four participating museums: Compass Inn Museum, Fort Ligonier, Ligonier Valley Railroad Museum & Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art. Each museum will be offering free admission, so spend the day with your family soaking up the history of our region!
- MAY 12: Sip While You Shop during the Ligonier Wine Walk on Saturday, May 19th from 3-5 PM. Tickets are $20 for a Wine Tasting Ticket and $5 for a Designated Driver Ticket. For mofre information contact the Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce at 724-238-4200.
- MAY 21: The Area Christian Men’s Fellowship of the Christian Church of Waterford is sponsoring a soup dinner at 6 PM on May 21st with speaker Dave Kromel, who will topic will be Commit to Serve. RSVP by May 14th by calling 724-238-4733.
- MAY 26: JOIN SOUTHERN ALLEGHENIES MUSEUM OF ART FOR THE ANNUAL ART WALK on Saturday, May 26th from 10 am to 5 pm. Come on in to see the current exhibition, " Ritual Abstractions Australian Aboriginal Paintings". Enjoy the beautiful gardens and walk through the new Donald M. Robinson Sculpture Park! This year, SAMA will host artist, Jean Coursey Beaufort who is demonstrating the process of "silk scarf marbling". You can join in the fun and make a scarf of your own! The cost to make a scarf is only $25.00 and all materials are included!
- JUNE 15: Mark your calendars and save the date. The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce’s 7th Annual Golf Outing will be held at Champion Lakes Golf Course on June 15. More information regarding this event will be coming soon.
- JULY 16-20: Compass Inn of :Ligonier will be offering historical camps for kids this summer. During the week of July 16th-20th , there will be a Stagecoach Adventures camp for students entering grades 4 through 6. Campers will meet Civil War soldiers, send wartime messages and be engaged in many hands-on activities and games. Campers entering grades 1-3 can participate in Junior Stagecoach Adventures of the 19th century through playing games, hands-on activities and crafts. For more information about the camps, call 724-238-4983.
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- EDUCATION SOLUTIONS - Are you looking for a flexible position with holidays, evenings and weekends off? Join Ignite Education Solutions as an aide working in the school setting. Positions are available immediately in the Ligonier area. Work hours follow the school schedule. 5-day or casual part-time employees needed. For details call Shelena at 814-262-0732 x 232.
- THE LIGONIER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is seeking wedding photos taken on the Ligonier Diamond. If you have wedding photos from the Diamond e-mail them to office@LigonierChamber.com and they could be posted on their website.
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com