Above: A past photo by Tod Wilkins. Downtown Ligonier, our beautiful center of town.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620 or FM 100.9.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- MARCH 23: CASA of Westmoreland will host Rachel’s Challenge Community Event on March 23 from 10 a.m. to noon at the CASA Conference Center in Greensburg. Come hear the inspiring true story about one girl’s dream to change the world. While her life was tragically cut short during the Columbine High School shooting on April 20, 1999, Rachel Joy Scott’s shining example of kindness and compassion was not defeated that day. Come hear the inspiring true story of one girl’s dream being fulfilled over a decade after her death. The presentation is a powerful reminder of the little things we can do every day to make our world a better place. Please call 724-837-1808 for more information or visit www.wcsi.org to register for this free event.
- MARCH 24: The Youngstown Volunteer Fire Department is holding a Rabies Clinic on Saturday March 24th from 9AM to 1PM at the YVFD Truck Garage. Cost is $10 per shot. For more information call 724-539-9938.
- MARCH 24: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley will host an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 24. Children of all ages are encouraged to participate in the hunt for Easter eggs hidden throughout the Museum’s gardens and lawn. The program begins at 1:30 p.m. and will be held rain or shine. Reservations are requested by calling the Museum at (724) 238-6015. The Museum asks for a $1 donation per family.
- THROUGH MARCH 24: The Annual Ligonier Chamber of Commerce Soups On will be on March 24th. Visit Ligonier merchants while tasting soups from local restaurants. Tickets are $15 and will go on sale on February 1st. No tickets will be sold on the day of the event. Call the Chamber office at 724-238-4200 to order by credit card or stop in during business hours.
- MARCH 31: Heritage United Methodist Church will host an Easter Egg Hunt on March 31. Contact Zach Sierocki for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. More details will be available soon.
- APRIL 7: Action For Animals Humane Society is celebrating its 35th Birthday with a Cash Bash on Saturday, April 7 at Huber Hall in Latrobe. To attend and for more information, visit www.afashelter.org/events. For more information call 724-539-2544.
- APRIL 14: The Youngstown Volunteer Fire Department is having a Cash Bash on Saturday, April 14th at St. Mary’s Dome in Latrobe. Doors open at 4 PM. Buffet style dinner and beverages are included. Tickets are $25. Call 724-539-9938 for tickets and information.
- APRIL 21: Valley School of Ligonier will host an Active Learning Day on April 21 from 10 a.m. to noon. All regional families are welcome to attend. Parents, learn about how the Valley School experience can benefit your family! Pre-K to 9th grade students, join us for some fun hands-on science, arts, music and sports activities. If you’re interested, RSVP to 724-238-6652 or log on to www.valleyschoolofligonier.org/activelearning.
- THROUGH APRIL 21: The Hollow Tree Players will present the children’s fairy tale, the Brave Little Tailor on Friday, April 20th at 7 PM and Saturday, April 21st at 1 PM in the Ligonier Town Hall. Admission is $5 and all proceeds will be donated to children’s charities within the Ligonier Valley community.
- THROUGH APRIL 22: Artists of the 21st Century: Student Art Exhibition , the Southern Allegheny Museum of Art’s annual student art exhibition has returned through April 22nd with shows at the Ligonier Valley and Loretto museums. The exhibitions feature hundreds of works created by students in Bedford, Blair, Cambria, Fayette, Somerset and Westmoreland counties. Open to schools that participate in SAMA’s Museum/School Partnership Program, the exhibitions offer children an opportunity to see their artwork professionally hung in a gallery.
- MAY 21: The Area Christian Men’s Fellowship of the Christian Church of Waterford is sponsoring a soup dinner at 6 PM on May 21st with speaker Dave Kromel, who will topic will be Commit to Serve. RSVP by May 14th by calling 724-238-4733.
- JUNE 15: Mark your calendars and save the date. The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce’s 7th Annual Golf Outing will be held at Champion Lakes Golf Course on June 15. More information regarding this event will be coming soon.
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- EDUCATION SOLUTIONS - Are you looking for a flexible position with holidays, evenings and weekends off? Join Ignite Education Solutions as an aide working in the school setting. Positions are available immediately in the Ligonier area. Work hours follow the school schedule. 5-day or casual part-time employees needed. For details call Shelena at 814-262-0732 x 232.
- THE LIGONIER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is seeking wedding photos taken on the Ligonier Diamond. If you have wedding photos from the Diamond e-mail them to office@LigonierChamber.com and they could be posted on their website.
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com