Above: Spring in the heart of Ligonier. Photo by Todd Wilkins.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620 or FM 100.9.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- APRIL 20: Ligonier Valley Historical Society is thrilled to host its 26th annual, Tastes of the Town on April 20 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in The Cedars at Antiochian Village and Conference Center. During “Tastes” attendees sample sumptuous treats presented by an array of our fabulous local restaurants and bakeries. This annual event brings together visitors to the Ligonier Valley and our local residents for a fun-filled evening of great food and fellowship. Call 724-238-6818 for ticket reservations.
- APRIL 20: The Southern Allegheny Museum of the Arts Lunch a l’Art will be held on April 20 at noon and will feature SAMA curator, Dr. Scott Diamond. Diamond’s presentation is titled “The Great American Midway: Escape for the Million.” Since its beginning in the late nineteenth century, the carnival midway has offered ordinary Americans an exciting escape into a world of fantasy. In this talk, Diamond will explore the origins of the American midway and examine some of its key elements. The cost to attend Lunch a l’Art is $15 or $12 for SAMA members and includes lunch and the presentation. Reservations are requested by calling the museum at 724-238-6015.
- APRIL 22: On April 22nd from 9AM- noon,the Compass Inn Museum will offer its first-ever Blacksmithing Workshop. Participants will work with Ed Appleby of Crafty Apple Forge to learn basic skills and create an item to take home. The cost for the blacksmithing workshop is $45 per person. Four spaces are available for participants 18 years of age or older.
- APRIL 26: On April 26 at 7:00 p.m., the Ligonier Valley Library will kick off the Spring/Summer 2017 edition of the One Book, One Community Book Discussion with Arthur and Sherlock: Conan Doyle and the Creation of Holmes by Michael Sims. Registration is required. Books will be made available prior to the discussion. There is no cost to participate.
- APRIL 28-30: The Saint Vincent College Gilbert and Sullivan Players present the musical Pirates of Penzance April 28th and 29th at 8 PM and April 30th at 2 PM in the Saint Vincent College Carey Auditorium. Admission is free, donations will be accepted.
- APRIL 28-29: The Heritage United Methodist Church on the Diamond will hold their annual Spring Rummage Sale Fri. April 28 and Sat.April 29. The Friday hours are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. with lunch available between 10 a..m. and 1 p.m. A "great selection of good used clothing and house hold items" will also be available on Sat from 8 a.m. to noon . The proceeds benefit both foreign and local missions.
- MAY 5: The Ligonier Valley Library will be holding a fundraiser titled Books and Brew …a tasting event event with a literary twist on May 5th from 6-8PM in the Ligonier Valley Library. It is a casual evening of food, drinks and entertainment and books for the over 21 crowd. Call 724-238-6451 for more information.
- MAY 7: Save the Date! It’s time for the annual Ligonier Valley Free Museum Day, to be held on May 7 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.! The scenic Ligonier Valley is home to some of Pennsylvania’s most notable historic and cultural sites: Antiochian Village, Compass Inn Museum, Fort Ligonier, Lincoln Highway Experience, Ligonier Valley Rail Road Museum, and the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art have partnered to offer FREE admission to all visitors! Guests are invited to explore six museums, see new exhibits, and participate in fun activities for the entire family for FREE! Begin your day at any museum. Pick up a passport and have it stamped by three of the six museums to enter to win a $250 gift certificate to spend in the Ligonier Valley.
- MAY 28: The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce Summer Band Concert series begins on May 28th with a concert from the Ligonier Valley Middle School and Ligonier Valley High School Bands. Concerts from a variety of area bands will perform every Sunday at 7 PM on the Ligonier Diamond Bandstand through August 27th.
- THROUGH MAY 30: The Ligonier Valley YMCA is now hiring a Zumba Instructor! Please contact Mike Marinchak at 724-238-7580 x 19 if interested.
- JUNE 3: Antiques on the Diamond returns to Ligonier Saturday, June 3rd from 8 AM to 3 PM. Shop frpom over 50 antique dealers all around the diamond.
- JUNE 16: Golfers Wanted!! The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce will hold its 6th Annual Golf Experience on Friday, June 16 at Ligonier Country Club. Registration begins at 11 AM, Lunch at 11:15AM and a there will be a noon shotgun start. Dinner is at 5 PM. Plan now for a great day of golf, awesome prizes and delicious food. For registration information, call the chamber office at 724-238-4200.
- THROUGH AUGUST 31: As part of its 20th anniversary celebration, the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley will host the plein air painting contest, Paint Us. Modeled after the Museum’s popular annual plein air Paint Out, the Paint Us contest invites artists of all ages to paint, en plein air, the Museum, its grounds, and its gardens.
Cost to participate in the Paint Us contest is $30 for adults, $20 for the 10-17 age bracket, and $10 for ages 9 and under. Artists may submit up to three works. All paintings must be completed and delivered to the Museum by August 31. For registration or additional information, please call the Museum at (724) 238-6015.
The paintings will be exhibited at an open house family day event on September 9.
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- THE LIGONIER VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL students have created a cookbook, and all proceeds will benefit the district’s Food 2 Go 4 Kids weekend backpack program! 300 recipes have been provided by students, teachers and Ligonier Valley School District families. This hardback book with full-color tabbed dividers would make a great Mother’s Day gift! The price is $13 per book, and $8 of each book benefits the backpack program. To place an order, please contact Rebecca McGee at: email@example.com or 724-238-6412x130.
- THE LIGONIER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is seeking wedding photos taken on the Ligonier Diamond. If you have wedding photos from the Diamond e-mail them to office@LigonierChamber.com and they could be posted on their website.
- THE LIGONIER VALLEY YMCA has added a new spin class. The class will be held Friday mornings from 10AM-11AM. Sign up and get spinning!
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER VALLEY YMCA: Free aerobic thearapy classes each Tuesday and Thursday at 10:45AM.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
"If you like The Beatles,
you'll love John
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com