Above: Vintage postcard image of Ligonier's Diamond.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
We ARE NOW A "LIVE 365" RADIO STATION. CLICK AND LISTEN ON LIVE 365!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- AUGUST 5-9: The Heritage United Methodist Church will host their Vacation Bible School for children entering kindergarten through 5th grade from 9AM- 12:15PM, August 5th through the 9th. The theme is To Mars and Beyond. To register, contact Zach at 724-238-2627.
- AUGUST 9: The annul Ligonier Stroll will be held in downtown Ligonier from 5-9PM on Saturday, August 9th. Stroll into the fabulous 50’s with oldies music, dancing, live entertainment and class cars on the Diamond! AND, your local Ligonier Radio staton THE VALLEY will be on the bandstand to set the mood through the afternoon with great classic music of the 1950s-1960s!
- AUGUST 16: On Friday, August 16th from 7-9 PM, St. Michaels of the Valley Church in Rector will show the movie Snow White as their final free family movie night of the summer. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs. Free popcorn will be provided and hot dogs, cookies and beverages will be available for purchase. There will also be a chance to win raffle baskets.
- THROUGH AUGUST 23: The Greensburg Art Center announces the exhibition, ”Shadows of a Cloudy Mind” by sculptor Brian McCall. The show will continue through August 23.
- AUGUST 24: Antiques on the Diamond in Ligonier returns on Saturday, August 24th from 9AM-3PM. Find treasures galore! Antiques and collectibles all around the Diamond and downtown.
- THROUGH AUGUST 25: The Sunday night Summer Band Concerts on The Diamond in downtown Ligonier will continue each and every Sunday through August 25th. Concerts begin at 7PM. Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy great music all summer long.
- AUGUST 26: The Ligonier Valley Library will sponsor an Understanding Medicare Workshop on Monday, August 26th from 5-7 PM. The workshop will address what Medicare covers, options for additional coverage, prescription drug programs and eligibility and enrollment periods. Participants must register to obtain free workshop handouts. Stop in the library or call 724-238-6451. The workshop is free and open to the public.
- SEPTEMBER 9: Holy Trinity Catholic Church is hosting a classic car cruise along with its parish picnic on Sunday, September 8th. The event will take place from 1:00 to 5:00 PM at the church grounds in Ligonier. Food is available from 1:00 to 3:00 PM for a small fee and the Valley Radio Station will be there from 1- 3PM with classic music. Car pre-registration is encouraged. Please call the Holy Trinity Church office at 724-238-6434 for more information.
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- HERITAGE YOUTH GROUP - The Heritage United Methodist Church Youth Group, TBA, meets Mondays from 5:30-7PM in the church youth room. Students in grades 6-12 are invited to attend.
- EDUCATION SOLUTIONS - Are you looking for a flexible position with holidays, evenings and weekends off? Join Ignite Education Solutions as an aide working in the school setting. Positions are available immediately in the Ligonier area. Work hours follow the school schedule. 5-day or casual part-time employees needed. For details call Shelena at 814-262-0732 x 232.
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com