Above: The municipal building at night in Ligonier.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620 or FM 100.9.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- DECEMBER 28-29: Brownsville Historical Society will be conducting candlelight tours at Nemacolin Castle.
Tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for children 12 years old and under. The castle will be open Fridays from 5-9PM , Saturdays from 2-9PM and on December 28th and 29th from 5-9PM.
- THROUGH JANUARY 9: Experience an Old Fashioned Christmas Tradition.
Operating through the New Year, Overly’s Country Christmas at the Westmoreland Fairgrounds creates holiday memories for the whole family with its Christmas Village that’s filled with an array of old-fashioned traditions and treats. Sing carols ‘round the bonfire, revel in the model train display and the light displays, have your picture taken with Santa (in the days before Christmas), or take a horse drawn wagon/sleigh ride plus much, much more as you experience the beauty of this traditional winter wonderland!
- JANUARY 12: The Youngstown Volunteer Fire Department will be hosting a 3 Ball Pool Tournament on Saturday January 12th beginning at noon. It benefits the Farkas Family at the Youngstown VFD Social Hall. Any questions, please call Karen (724)-539-9938.
- JANUARY 26-27: The 28th Annual Ligonier Ice Fest will be held Saturday and Sunday January 26th and 27th . There will be ice sculptures all around the Diamond plus horse drawn carriage rides, kettle korn, the Ligonier Firemen will be serving their famous spaghetti dinner on Saturday beginning at 11AM. The Town Hall will host a concert from Big Fat Jazz from 2-4PM on Saturday and a concert from Candle in the Wind, Sunday from 12:30-1:30PM. And don’t miss the speed ice carving celebration at 2PM on Sunday. It’s Ice Fest in Ligonier! Come meet Ron & Ursula of Ligonier Radio, playing your favorite music from town hall steps during the ice fest on Saturday.
- THROUGH FEBRUARY 3: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley will celebrate the work of local artists with the Southwestern Pennsylvania Council for the Arts 23rd Annual Regional Juried Art Exhibition. On view through February 3, the exhibition features 67 works by artists from the 19 Southwestern counties of Pennsylvania. Featured works will span a variety of media, including acrylic, oil, pastel, photography, watercolor, wood, masonry, and many others.
- THROUGH FEBRUARY 9: The Pasquerilla Performing Art Center in Johnstown presents Movie Night at the Symphony February 9th from 7:30-9:30PM. The Johnstown Symphony Orchestra will be performing music from some of your favorite Hollywood movie composers. For more information call 814-535-6738.
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- HERITAGE YOUTH GROUP - The Heritage United Methodist Church Youth Group, TBA, meets Mondays from 5:30-7PM in the church youth room. Students in grades 6-12 are invited to attend.
- EDUCATION SOLUTIONS - Are you looking for a flexible position with holidays, evenings and weekends off? Join Ignite Education Solutions as an aide working in the school setting. Positions are available immediately in the Ligonier area. Work hours follow the school schedule. 5-day or casual part-time employees needed. For details call Shelena at 814-262-0732 x 232.
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com