Above: Summer in the heart of Ligonier.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620 or FM 100.9.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- AUGUST 11: The 15th annual Ligonier Stroll will be held around the Diamond on Friday, August 11th from 5-9PM. Take a trip back to the 1950s and see classic cars, enjoy live music and sidewalk sales. You can also participate in a pie baking contest and a 50s dance contest. 1950s fun for the entire family! Your radio station, The Valley, will provide music from the center of town!
- AUGUST 18: St. Michael’s Church in Rector will have an outdoor movie night that is open and free to the public. On August 18th beginning at sundown. Bring the family for a viewing of Night at the Museum. Free popcorn will be provided. Donations will be accepted to benefit Wood Bridge Pre-school.
- AUGUST 18: The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring Shop, Sip and Sing on August 18th in Ligonier. Come and visit your favorite shop, stop for a drink and then head for the Diamond for a concert by T-Mos at 5PM.
- AUGUST 23: Bethlen Communities Center for Community Services invites you to join them on Wednesday, August 23rd from 4 to 6 p.m. for a public Open House..at their location in the former Holy Trinity School. Tour the facility, enjoy refreshments and have a chance a receiving a door prize. Ligonier community members are encouraged to attend!
- AUGUST 25: The United Methodist Church of Waterford will be holding our monthly meatloaf dinner on Aug 25, 2017 from 4 to 6:30 PM. Adults $7, Kids 3-10 $4 , Under 3 Free.
Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Green Beans, Applesauce, Dinner Roll, Desert, and Drink will be served. Eat in or take out.
- AUGUST 26: Antiques on the Diamond returns to Ligonier on Saturday, August 26th. From 8AM-3PM. Shop from over 50 antique dealers.
- AUGUST 26: Forbes State Forest and Linn Run State Park will feature a Movie and Mountain Pies night at Linn Run on Saturday, August 26th beginning at 7PM.The program is free and registration is not required. For more information call 724-238-6623.
- THROUGH AUGUST: Compass Inn Museum will host the Young Historians program on Saturdays throughout August at a cost of $25 per student. This program will give the next generation of preservation enthusiasts the opportunity to interact with history on their own terms. Kids in grades 8–12 will have the opportunity to discover history while focusing on skill development in research, writing, public speaking, interpretation, and more. For more information call Compass Inn Museum at 724-238-6818.
- THROUGH AUGUST 27: The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce band concerts are held every Sunday evening at the Ligonier Bandstand. Bring your lawn chairs and hear some great music.
Aug. 13th- Westmoreland County Community College Stage Band
Aug. 20th-Wally Gingers Orchestra
And the concert series ends with the Somerset County Community Band on August 27th
- THROUGH AUGUST 31: As part of its 20th anniversary celebration, the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley will host the plein air painting contest, Paint Us. Modeled after the Museum’s popular annual plein air Paint Out, the Paint Us contest invites artists of all ages to paint, en plein air, the Museum, its grounds, and its gardens.
Cost to participate in the Paint Us contest is $30 for adults, $20 for the 10-17 age bracket, and $10 for ages 9 and under. Artists may submit up to three works. All paintings must be completed and delivered to the Museum by August 31. For registration or additional information, please call the Museum at (724) 238-6015.
The paintings will be exhibited at an open house family day event on September 9.
- SEPTEMBER 9: Join Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art for music, food, family fun, children’s games, activities, art demos & more during their first Family Day event on September 9th from 1-5PM. The museum gallery will feature “Two Decades’ Delights: Highlights from 20 Years of Exhibitions”This event is free and open to the public.
- SEPTEMBER 17: Join the Ligonier Valley Business & Professional Women on September 17 at Antiochian Village for their annual Luxury Bash to support their scholarships and charitable funds. Doors open at noon and a lunch will be provided from 12:30-2PM. Prizes will be drawn every 10 minutes and the winner need not be present to win! There are two chances to win on each ticket to win 20 prizes! Tickets are available from the Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce or any BPW member.
- THROUGH OCTOBER 15: A new exhibit, Cabinet of Curiosities- A Unique Collections of Relics and Antiquities, will run through October 15 at the Compass Inn Museum. This exhibit features the collection of Charles Logan Armor, grandson of Rachel and Robert Armor, innkeepers of Compass Inn from 1814-1862. Visiting the exhibit will be included in the regular tour of the museum. For more information call 724-238-6818.
- NOVEMBER 4: Mark your calendars. The 2nd annual Pumpkin Spice Ligonier will be on November 4th from 11AM-2PM. Enjoy sweet and savory pumpkin treats at businesses all around the Diamond.
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- THE LIGONIER VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL students have created a cookbook, and all proceeds will benefit the district’s Food 2 Go 4 Kids weekend backpack program! 300 recipes have been provided by students, teachers and Ligonier Valley School District families. This hardback book with full-color tabbed dividers would make a great Mother’s Day gift! The price is $13 per book, and $8 of each book benefits the backpack program. To place an order, please contact Rebecca McGee at: email@example.com or 724-238-6412x130.
- THE LIGONIER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is seeking wedding photos taken on the Ligonier Diamond. If you have wedding photos from the Diamond e-mail them to office@LigonierChamber.com and they could be posted on their website.
- THE LIGONIER VALLEY YMCA has added a new spin class. The class will be held Friday mornings from 10AM-11AM. Sign up and get spinning!
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER VALLEY YMCA: Free aerobic thearapy classes each Tuesday and Thursday at 10:45AM.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
"If you like The Beatles,
you'll love John
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com