Above: A past photo by Tod Wilkins. Downtown Ligonier, our beautiful center of town.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620 or FM 100.9.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- MAY 12: Sip While You Shop during the Ligonier Wine Walk on Saturday, May 19th from 3-5 PM. Tickets are $20 for a Wine Tasting Ticket and $5 for a Designated Driver Ticket. For mofre information contact the Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce at 724-238-4200.
- MAY 17: Calvary United Methodist Church’s final Spaghetti Take-Out Dinner will be held on May 17 from 12 to 6 p.m. You can call 724-238-9840 to order.
- MAY 19: Spend a great day on the water at the Loyalhanna Watershed Association’s 5th Annual Loyalhanna Sojourn on May 19! Participants will paddle a nine-mile stretch of the Loyalhanna Creek from Latrobe to New Alexandria during this event. T-shirts, snacks, shuttle transportation and insurance will be provided to all registrants and an “After the Float” party will be hosted at the take out venue in New Alexandria with food, live music and festivities! Contact the Loyalhanna Watershed Association at 724-238-7560 for more details on this fun event.
- MAY 20: Laurel Highlands Antique Automobile Club is sponsoring an Oldies Concert at Ligonier Town Hall on May 20 at 6:30 p.m. The cost is $15. Two of the area’s top oldies groups, The G’Boyz and The Drewsmen, will be performing. Tickets are available at Ligonier Giant Eagle.
- MAY 21: The Area Christian Men’s Fellowship of the Christian Church of Waterford is sponsoring a soup dinner at 6 PM on May 21st with speaker Dave Kromel, who will topic will be Commit to Serve. RSVP by May 14th by calling 724-238-4733.
- MAY 21: Ligonier Valley High School students are hosting a Food2Go4Kids Fundraiser at Carol & Dave’s Roadhouse on May 21 from 4 to 8 p.m. A portion of all of the evening’s proceeds will be donated to the Food2Go4Kids Program. A 50/50 and raffle will also be held to support the program. The program provides weekend food for 145 Ligonier Valley School District elementary students each week.
- MAY 26: JOIN SOUTHERN ALLEGHENIES MUSEUM OF ART FOR THE ANNUAL ART WALK on Saturday, May 26th from 10 am to 5 pm. Come on in to see the current exhibition, " Ritual Abstractions Australian Aboriginal Paintings". Enjoy the beautiful gardens and walk through the new Donald M. Robinson Sculpture Park! This year, SAMA will host artist, Jean Coursey Beaufort who is demonstrating the process of "silk scarf marbling". You can join in the fun and make a scarf of your own! The cost to make a scarf is only $25.00 and all materials are included!
- MAY 26: Mark your calendar for the Ligonier Art Walk on May 26! Several area art galleries participate in this event, each featuring a special exhibit for the day.
- MAY 27: The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce’s first Sunday Evening Band Concert of the Summer will be held on May 27th and feature Murphy’s Music Center Big Band and Almost Sinatra! This year, Band Concerts are scheduled to be held on the East Main Street side of Town Hall. If weather is inclement, the concert will be held in the Town Hall Auditorium, as usual. All concerts begin at 7 p.m.
- JUNE 2: Antiques on the Diamond will be held on Saturday, June 2nd from 9AM-3PM. Antiques will be set up on West Main and East Main Streets.
- JUNE 11-22: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley will offer the Children’s Art Camp titled “Wild Art of Animals.” Students will explore drawing and painting using live and stuffed animals as models. Campers will explore different mediums, from quick drawings with pencil, charcoal and pastels to major paintings using acrylic paints. Students also will keep a nature journal of animals and plants they observe around the Museum. Designed for ages 10 to 14, the camp will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. weekdays, June 11 to 22. The cost is $225 per child. Registration is required by June 6th by calling 724-238-6015.
- JUNE 18-22: Southern Allegheny Museum of the Arts will offer a “A Spin on the Classics” is designed for ages 5 through 9. Students will learn about a variety of artists and mediums through brief lessons about famous artists. Campers will then recreate a piece of art from each artist studied as the group puts its own “spin” on the artwork. Students will explore 2- and 3-D works and will complete individual and group projects. The camp will be held from 9 a.m. to noon from June 18 to 22. The cost is $125 per child. Registration is required by June 6th by calling 724-238-6015.
- JUNE 15: Mark your calendars and save the date. The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce’s 7th Annual Golf Outing will be held at Champion Lakes Golf Course on June 15. More information regarding this event will be coming soon.
- THROUGH JUNE 29: The Valley School of Ligonier will offer their Summer Camp SOAR to students entering kindergarten through 9th grade. The will be offered three weeks in June from June 11th through the 15, June 18th through the 22nd and June 25th through the 29th..Monday through Friday from 9AM-3PM. Cost is $250 a week and bussing is available. To register call 724-238-6652.
- JULY 16-20: Compass Inn of Ligonier will be offering historical camps for kids this summer. During the week of July 16th-20th , there will be a Stagecoach Adventures camp for students entering grades 4 through 6. Campers will meet Civil War soldiers, send wartime messages and be engaged in many hands-on activities and games. Campers entering grades 1-3 can participate in Junior Stagecoach Adventures of the 19th century through playing games, hands-on activities and crafts. For more information about the camps, call 724-238-4983.
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- DIAMOND RENAISSANCE PROJECT - The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce is working with the Borough to provide weekly updates on the Diamond Park Renaissance Project. For updates, go to the Diamond Renaissance Project Facebook page.
- EDUCATION SOLUTIONS - Are you looking for a flexible position with holidays, evenings and weekends off? Join Ignite Education Solutions as an aide working in the school setting. Positions are available immediately in the Ligonier area. Work hours follow the school schedule. 5-day or casual part-time employees needed. For details call Shelena at 814-262-0732 x 232.
- THE LIGONIER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is seeking wedding photos taken on the Ligonier Diamond. If you have wedding photos from the Diamond e-mail them to office@LigonierChamber.com and they could be posted on their website.
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com