Above: Spring in downtown Ligonier. Photo by Ron Adams.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
We ARE NOW A "LIVE 365" RADIO STATION. CLICK AND LISTEN ON LIVE 365!
FOR ALEXA or GOOGLE HOME DEVICES, just say "PLay Ligonier Radio."
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- THROUGH APRIL 18: Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art (SAMA) will continue its tradition of celebrating the area’s talented young artists with the return of Artists of the 21st Century, the Museum’s twenty-third annual student art exhibition. Student artwork will be displayed at SAMA Ligonier through, April 18, with an opening reception from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday March 6.
- MAY 8: Save the date for the Chamber of Commerce’s Wine, Whiskey and Sweets Walk to be held on Saturday, May 8th. For more information regarding this event, contact the Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce at 724-238-4200.
- MAY 22: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley is hosting a very special Fashion Show and Purse Auction on Saturday, May 22, 2021. Wear your favorite hat and join us at SAMA Ligonier for a dynamic show featuring Saint Francis University Costume Designer, Bonnie Resinski presenting, “Silhouettes: A One-Woman Fashion Show”. The event is being held from 2:00 p.m.—4:00 p.m., and the cost is $25 per person. Reservations are required by Tuesday, April 14th and can be made online or by contacting the museum.
- MAY 29-30: The Arnold Palmer Regional Airport will host the 75th Anniversary Westmoreland County Airshow on May 29th and 30th .This year will feature the US Navy Blue Angels with a new Super Hornet.
Daredevils and fighter jets will entertain the crowd with stunts and narrated re-enactments of war missions. There will be vendors and much for kids to do. Attendees can step onboard static aircraft to peak into the cockpit. For information and updates about the Westmoreland County Airshow, please follow on Facebook, Twitter or check their website.
- JUNE 5: It’s Antiques on the Diamond on Saturday, June 5th from 9AM- 3PM. Shop from many antique dealers as you stroll along the Diamond in downtown Ligonier.
- THROUGH JUNE 14: Registration is now open for summer camps at Fort Ligonier. Fort Ligonier Kids Camp 1 will be held from June 14th through the 18th and Fort Ligonier Kids Camp 2 will be from July 12th through the 16th. Cost for member is $120 per camper and $135 per camper for non-members. Space is limited. Call Fort Ligonier to register at 724-238-9701.
- JUNE 21: The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce’s 9th annual Golf Outing will be held on June 21st. Enjoy a day of fun with a 50/50 raffle, prizes and auctions. For more information on this event contact the Chamber office at 724-238-4200.
- THROUGH JULY 12: Registration is now open for summer camps at Fort Ligonier. Fort Ligonier Kids Camp 1 will be held from June 14th through the 18th and Fort Ligonier Kids Camp 2 will be from July 12th through the 16th. Cost for member is $120 per camper and $135 per camper for non-members. Space is limited. Call Fort Ligonier to register at 724-238-9701.
- THROUGH JULY 31: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley is hosting two featured exhibitions. “Looking for the Light in Dark Times” The artists, Jonelle Summerfield and mother, Jolene Joyner will share inspired works of their European travels, rural landscapes, and favorite subjects including animals.
An accompanying exhibition, “Back to Woodstock” features 1960’s memorabilia and posters from the collection of Mark Del Costello will most certainly bring back memories. Step back in time and enjoy these authentic music posters depicting the Woodstock artists. These exhibitions can be viewed from April 30—July 31 during regular museum hours of operation.
- AUGUST 13: Mark your calendars: the annual Ligonier Stroll will be Friday, August 13th from 5-9PM. Travel back in time to the 1950s at the Ligonier Stroll.
- THROUGH AUGUST 22: The Sunday band concerts are back on the Ligonier Diamond every Sunday at 7PM beginning Sunday, May 30th through Sunday, August 22nd. Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy great local bands.
- AUGUST 28: Antiques on the Diamond returns for the second time this summer on Saturday, August 28th from 9AM-3PM. Enjoy shopping for antiques as you stroll around downtown Ligonier.
- SEPTEMBER 11: The Ligonier Chamber of Commerce is having their first ever Cornhole Tournament on Saturday, September 11th. A rain date is scheduled for Saturday, September 18th. Bring your own Corn Hole partner and enjoy food, beverages, 50/50 raffles, instant tickets and auction baskets. Call the Chamber office at 724-238-4200 for more information.
- THROUGH SEPTEMBER 16: Mark your calendars the Ligonier Country Market will be again having their Night Markets on the third Thursday of every month from June through September. Market dates are June 17th, July 15th, August 19th and September 16th.
- SEPTEMBER 18-19: It's the annual Stahlstown Flax Scutching Festival on Saturday, September 18th and Sunday, September 19th. Since 1907, the festival has featured the flax scotching demonstration. In addition to that,enjoy entertainment on the outdoor stage, experience Civil War and Revolutionary War Militia encampments and the festival tradition of the Mock Indian Raid. There will be plenty of homemade food including buckwheat cakes and sausage, a festival favorite. You can also participate in the outdoor Sunday morning worship. There will be activities for both young and old.
- COMPASS INN VOLUTEERS: Are you passionate about history? Llove meeting and talking to people and looking for a way to get involved in your community, Consider becoming a volunteer docent for the Compass Inn. As a docent, you will dress in period clothing and share stories about the history of the Compass Inn and the colonial time period. Docents must be at least 18 years of age, obtain all mandated PA clearances and be available at least two days a month. To find more about this and other volunteer opportunities, call the Compass Inn at 724-238-6818.
- LIGONIER LIBRAY CARDSS FOR KIDS: The Ligonier Valley Library reminds you that when children turn five years of age they can receive their own library card. Stop in to the Ligonier Valley Library and register your child for a passport for adventure.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com