Above: Vintage postcard image of Ligonier's Diamond.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620 or FM 100.9.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- MARCH 23: The 10th annual Ligonier Soup’s On will be held around the Ligonier Diamond from 11AM-2PM on Saturday, March 23rd. Work your way around town to Ligonier merchants as they host our local restaurants serving delicious samples of soup! TICKETS TO PARTICIPATE ARE NOW SOLD OUT FOR THIS EVENT.
- MARCH 27: The Ligonier Valley High School Music Department is presenting a brand new free concert called March Madness on March 27th at 7PM in the Ligonier Valley High School auditorium. The concert features musical selections ranging from classic patriotic marches to movie marches. Admission is free but there will be a basket raffle and the proceeds will be donated to the American Legion Auxiliary Unit #267.
- MARCH 27: Join the Epiphany Anglican Fellowship for its monthly Pizza Night outreach on March 27 at 6 PM at Myriam's Table. Epiphany will pick up the tab for pizzas, and the restaurant welcomes outside wine and beer for a small uncorking fee. Myriam's Table will be serving its Eclectic Pie menu, with traditional and non traditional pizza options. The evening promises to be a fun and memorable event, so don't forget to bring a friend!
- MARCH 28: The Saint Vincent College Art Gallery will present a Senior Art Exhibit featuring the artwork of the senior art students. The exhibit will open on Thursday, March 28th from 6-8PM with an opportunity to meet the artists and enjoy refreshments. The exhibit will be on display throughout the end of April.
- MARCH 27- 28: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley honors Stan Gordon as he enters his 60th year of paranormal research of UFO and Bigfoot phenomena, hosting an array of his investigative presentations this spring. Gordon will present “Strange Aspects of the Elusive Bigfoot” on March 26, followed by “Strange Encounters of Pennsylvania” on March 27 and 28. Each of these programs will begin at 6 p.m. and last approximately two hours. Cost is $5 per person for each night. Reservations can be made by contacting the Museum at 724-238-6015.
- MARCH 29-30: The Hollow Tree Players will present the children’s play Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz, Friday, March 29th at 7PM and Saturday, March 30th at 1PM in the Ligonier Town Hall. Tickets are $5 at the door and all net proceeds are donated to local children’s charities and organizations.
- MARCH 30: Darlington VFC is making and selling caramel nut Easter eggs again this year. The cost of the eggs will be $12.00 per pound and $6.00 per half pound. The eggs may be ordered by calling 724-454-1904. Orders may also be placed with any Darlington Firefighter or Auxiliary member. The deadline for orders is Saturday, March 30.
- APRIL 2: The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce cordially invites you to join them at our 1st “Volunteer Open House.” The event takes place on Sunday, March 31st from 2pm to 5pm and Tuesday, April 2nd from 5pm to 7pm. It will be held both days at Fort Ligonier, Center for History Education.
- APRIL 4: The Blackburn Center is holding a free program called, The Truth About Abuse , for people with disabilities, families, professionals, and community members. The program will be held April 4th at 6:30 p.m. at the WCSI Conference Center located at 770 East Pittsburgh Street in Greensburg. Please call 724-837-9540 for further information.
- APRIL 13: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley will host its third annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 13. Children of all ages are encouraged to participate in the hunt for Easter eggs hidden throughout the Museum’s gardens and lawn. The program begins at 1 p.m. and will be held rain or shine. Reservations are requested by calling the Museum at (724) 238-6015. The Museum asks for a $1 donation per family.
- APRIL 13: The annual Trooper Iwaniec walk will be held on Saturday, April 13th at Saint Vincent College. Registration will be at the Fred Rogers Center from 7- 8:30AM, Opening ceremonies are at 8:40AM, children’s races begin at 9 AM and the 5K/10K 1 mile walk at 9:15 AM. Proceeds benefit the Trooper Iwaniec Foundation for DUI awareness and prevention. For registration information call 724- 593-2520.
- THROUGH APRIL 17: The Ligonier Valley Library will host a pre-school story time on Wednesdays beginning February 10th through April 17th. There are two one hour sessions, beginning at 10:30 AM and at 1:30 PM. The story time is free for children ages 3 through 5. Please register in person or by calling the library at 724-238-6451.
- APRIL 19: The Ligonier Volunteer Fire Department Number 1 in Waterford will hold a Lenten Fish Fry every Friday through Good Friday, April 19th from 4-7 PM.
Dinners include Colesaw, Parsley Potatoes or French Fries, choice of Green Beans or Mac and Cheese,Dessert, and drink. For take out orders call 724-238-5270.
- APRIL 20: The Youngstown Volunteer Fire Department is holding a Rabies Clinic on Saturday April 20thfrom 12-3PM at the truck garage. Cost is $10.00 per shot. Vaccinations administered by Dr. Roman Lamberski.
- APRIL 21: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art will continue its tradition of celebrating the area’s talented young artists with the return of Artists of the 21st Century, the Museum’s twenty-first annual student art exhibition. More than 250 student-created works will be featured in the dual exhibition. Artists of the 21stCentury will be on view at SAMA-Ligonier Valley from February 15 through April 21.
- APRIL 25: Join the Ligonier Valley Library on Thursday, April 25 at 6:00 pm for an evening of family fun! Special guest and local author Joe Moore will be here with his Maxwell the Raindrop books. Make sure to bring a basket! The evening will end with an Egg Hunt. Local Middle School and High School students will be here with fun family stations and the Ligonier Valley JROTC students will be collecting canned food donations. The program is free but preregistration is encouraged. To register stop in the library or register online or by calling the library at 724-238-6451.
- MAY 4: The Youngstown Volunteer Fire Department is holding a Cash Bash on Saturday May 4th at the St. Mary’s Dome on Route 982. Tickets are $25.00, it includes a Buffet Style Dinner & Beverages. Doors open at 4:00 PM. For tickets or more information see any YVFD member or call 724-539-9938. Proceeds benefit the YVFD truck fund.
- MAY 11: The Chamber of Commerce will be sponsoring the Ligonier Wine Walk again on May 11th from 1-5PM.
Sip while you shop. This is a ticketed event. Tickets will go on sale April 9th. Contact the Chamber of Commerce for more information.
- JUNE 1: Antiques on the Diamond will be on Saturday, June 1st from 9AM-3PM. Shop antiques, collectibles and treasures galore from many antique dealers in downtown Ligonier.
- JUNE 17: Save the date! The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce Annual Golf Outing will be on June 17th at the Ligonier Country Club. More information is to come on this fun event.
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- HERITAGE YOUTH GROUP - The Heritage United Methodist Church Youth Group, TBA, meets Mondays from 5:30-7PM in the church youth room. Students in grades 6-12 are invited to attend.
- EDUCATION SOLUTIONS - Are you looking for a flexible position with holidays, evenings and weekends off? Join Ignite Education Solutions as an aide working in the school setting. Positions are available immediately in the Ligonier area. Work hours follow the school schedule. 5-day or casual part-time employees needed. For details call Shelena at 814-262-0732 x 232.
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com