Above: Vintage postcard image of Ligonier's Diamond.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
We ARE NOW A "LIVE 365" RADIO STATION. CLICK AND LISTEN ON LIVE 365!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- JULY 11: Join the Ligonier Valley Library for a Free Magic Show with Steve Haberman on Thursday, July 11th at 1:30. This is part of the library’s summer program but the event will be open to the public and great for all ages! No registration is required.
- JULY 13: To kick off the release of their latest edition of The Loyalhanna Review, the Ligonier Valley Writers will host a publication party on Saturday, July 13, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art in Ligonier. If you like good writing, art, food, and conversation, you'll have a good time. The suggested donation is $10 at the door, but no one will be turned away. Each guest will receive a copy of the new Loyalhanna Review. To register contact Ruth by calling 724-836-0588.
- JULY 19: On Friday, July 19th from 7-9 PM, St. Michaels of the Valley Church in Rector will show the movie Elf as part of their free family movie nights this summer. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs. Free popcorn will be provided and hot dogs, cookies and beverages will be available for purchase. There will also be a chance to win raffle baskets.
- JULY 19-20: The annual Summer in Ligonier Arts and Crafts show returns to Ligonier Friday and Saturday, July 19th and 20th from 9AM-5PM. Enjoy arts, crafts, merchant sidewalk sales, kid’s activities, balloon artists, face painting, kettle corn, and more.
- JULY 27: The Southern Allegheny Museum of Art annual Garden Party fundraiser will be on Saturday, July 27th from 4-9PM. This Alice in Wonderland themed event will feature cocktails, food, games, lively music, gift baskets and auction items. Tickets are $125 per person and reservations must be made by July 19th. For more information call SAMA at (724) 238-6015.
- JULY 27: Come and meet Homer the Pet Pigeon at the Ligonier Valley Library on Saturday, July 27th at 1PM. His owner, Elizabeth will share fun pigeon facts and will also tell the wonderful story of how she and Homer met. This is a free program and best for ages 5 and older…even adults are welcome!
- JULY 29: The Westmoreland Symphony Orchestra under the direction of conductor Daniel Meyer is returning to Fort Ligonier for a free concert in the Lower Fort area on July 29th at 7 PM. Guests are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs or blankets for the outdoor performance.
- JULY 29: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley will host a still life painting workshop with Doreen Currie in August. The “Summer Workshop” is designed for beginner and intermediate artists and will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, August 2. Cost for the workshop is $50 per person. Reservations are required by July 29 and can be made by contacting the Museum at (724) 238-6015.
- JULY 30: As part of the Ligonier Valley Library’s summer program, and from a grant from Westmoreland Parks and Recreation, the library will present The Russian music, dance, and song ensemble Barynya on Tuesday, July 30th at 10AM. Barynya is a world renowned group that shares the rhythms and energetic dancing of the Russian culture. All ages are welcome to this free performance and no registration is necessary.
- JULY 31: Come to the Ligonier Valley Library and watch a book come to life! Stage Right will perform the book Interstellar Cinderella. All ages are welcome and the event is free and open to the public.
- AUGUST 3: On Saturday, August 3rd at 1PM the community is welcome to join the Ligonier Valley Library at Friendship Park for a community kite flying day. Families must bring their own kites and those who attended the kite making event are encouraged to bring the kites they made. The library will bring a special guest who will be helping kids launch bottle rockets. This is open to all ages and is FREE!
- AUGUST 4: For several years the Westmoreland Historical Society has designated the first Sunday of August as Nathanael Greene Day to celebrate his August 7, 1742 birthday. This year, Nathanael Greene’s Birthday will be celebrated at Historic Hanna's Town on Sunday, August 4 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. with free admission to Historic Hanna's Town and activities for children.
- AUGUST 5-9: The Heritage United Methodist Church will host their Vacation Bible School for children entering kindergarten through 5th grade from 9AM- 12:15PM, August 5th through the 9th. The theme is To Mars and Beyond. To register, contact Zach at 724-238-2627.
- AUGUST 9: The annul Ligonier Stroll will be held in downtown Ligonier from 5-9PM on Saturday, August 9th. Stroll into the fabulous 50’s with oldies music, dancing, live entertainment and class cars on the Diamond! AND, your local Ligonier Radio staton THE VALLEY will be on the bandstand to set the mood through the afternoon with great classic music of the 1950s-1960s!
- AUGUST 16: On Friday, August 16th from 7-9 PM, St. Michaels of the Valley Church in Rector will show the movie Snow White as their final free family movie night of the summer. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs. Free popcorn will be provided and hot dogs, cookies and beverages will be available for purchase. There will also be a chance to win raffle baskets.
- THROUGH AUGUST 23: The Greensburg Art Center announces an upcoming exhibition,”Shadows of a Cloudy Mind” by sculptor Brian McCall. The public is invited to an Opening Reception July 13, 6-8:00 PM. The show will continue through August 23, and will include a public installation August 4 in our sculpture garden.
- AUGUST 24: Antiques on the Diamond returns on Saturday, August 24th from 9AM-3PM. Find treasures galore! Antiques and collectibles all around the Diamond and downtown.
- THROUGH AUGUST 25: The Sunday night Summer Band Concerts on The Diamond in downtown Ligonier will continue each and every Sunday through August 25th. Concerts begin at 7PM. Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy great music all summer long.
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- HERITAGE YOUTH GROUP - The Heritage United Methodist Church Youth Group, TBA, meets Mondays from 5:30-7PM in the church youth room. Students in grades 6-12 are invited to attend.
- EDUCATION SOLUTIONS - Are you looking for a flexible position with holidays, evenings and weekends off? Join Ignite Education Solutions as an aide working in the school setting. Positions are available immediately in the Ligonier area. Work hours follow the school schedule. 5-day or casual part-time employees needed. For details call Shelena at 814-262-0732 x 232.
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com